Happy Paws Stay and play Policy
The Happy Paws Stay & Play (HPS&P) Services Policy
The Happy Paws Stay & Play (HPS) staff strives to make every guests stay enjoyable and safe. Our staff is dedicated to the wellbeing of our furry friends and your furamily members. Please review our policies before using our boarding, daycare, or grooming, services:
- ASSUMPTION OF RISKS: Owner acknowledges and is aware that the employees of HPS are not veterinarians and do not have backgrounds in animal medicine and are not expected to diagnose or detect illnesses in the pets that are staying at HPS&P. In addition, Owner acknowledges and is aware that no amount of supervision, sanitation or personalized care can prevent a pet from contracting an airborne virus or communicable disease. Owner understands these risks and hereby releases HPS&P, its employees, members, or outside partners, from any and all losses, damages, costs and expenses arising out of or in connection with any injury, communicable disease, airborne virus, or any other medical condition contracted by Owner’s Pet at HPS&P. This also applies to any claims for injuries or damages related to such medical care or transport. Furthermore, Owner agrees to be held solely responsible for any and all acts and behavior of said Pet while in the care of HPS&P, including payment of costs for injury to staff or other animals or damage to facilities caused directly by the Pet.
- DISCLOSURE: By execution of this Agreement and leaving your pet with Happy Paws Stay & Play (HPS&P), Owner certifies to the accurate disclosure of all information provided to HPS&P either in writing or orally about the Pet and Owner specifically represents that he or she is the sole owner of the Pet, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances. Owner agrees to disclose to HPS&P all known medical conditions and/or behavior problems, which may affect Pet’s care. Owner specifically represents to HPS&P that Pet is healthy and meets HPS&P’s published vaccination standards. HPS&P reserves the right to refuse service to any Pet for any reason, at any time, including, but not limited to: pets lacking proof of vaccinations, pets displaying signs of untreated or potentially contagious conditions and/or pets exhibiting aggressive or unacceptable behavior. In addition, Owner agrees that if any fleas or ticks are discovered on the Pet during check-in or at any time during the Pet’s Services, HPS&P will administer a flea bath to the Pet at Owner’s expense. Owner represents that each time Pet is brought to HPS&P, Owner is recertifying that the Pet is in good health and has not had any communicable illness of any kind for 10 days prior to check-in. Owner further agrees to inform HPS&P of any changes in pet’s condition and/or behavior prior to subsequent check-ins. HPS&P cannot accept your pet without proof of vaccinations. HPS&P cannot accept any pet with stitches, bandages, cast or head cone without prior approval from management and Owner. HPS&P does not accept puppies less than four months of age. Pets should receive vaccinations at least two week prior to service at HPS&P.
- VETERINARY ATTENTION: In the unlikely event that your pet needs veterinary attention during the stay, owner authorizes HPS&P staff to obtain medical attention for Pet from any qualified veterinarian and to transport Pet to and from that veterinarian when HPS&P deems such medical care is important to your pet’s health. Owner grants HPS&P or its staff full power of decision-making involving the medical treatment of Pet and Owner agrees to pay for all costs associated.
- VETERINARIAN CARE PROCEDURE:
- HPS&P staff will contact pet owner by phone and email (important for pet owner to leave active emergency contact phone number and functioning email address).
- HPS&P staff will transport your pet to veterinarian.
- HPS&P staff will instruct veterinarian to perform emergency care if required. (If pet owner wishes to have a “do not resuscitate” order, please advise HPS&P manager before services.)
- After pet has been delivered to veterinarian by HPS&P staff, owner must contact veterinarian directly for medical updates and payment arrangements.
- HPS&P requests that pet owner keep HPS&P management updated on medical condition and improvement reports from the veterinarian.
- At pet owner’s request, HPS&P will transport your pet from HPS&P veterinarian to veterinarian of your choosing.
- After veterinarian treatment and approval, upon pet owner’s request, HPS&P will transport your pet back to HPS&P for remainder of the boarding stay.
- CHECK-OUT TIME: Owner acknowledges and is aware that check-out time is 1pm Monday through Sunday. If Pet is doing daycare on day of check-out, only daycare charges will be incurred regardless of check-out time.
- LATE DAYCARE PICKUPS: Owner acknowledges and is aware that HPS&P does not accommodate late or after hours pickups from daycare. Owner further agrees to pay $1 per minute past 7:00pm until 7:30. After 7:30, the customer agrees to pay for boarding services for the night.
- OWNER REPRESENTATION: You are welcome to have a friend or family member drop off on your behalf. However, please understand that Owner will be responsible for adhering to our policy.